Trading Standards Approved minimises the risk of people being frustrated by unreliable businesses or having difficulty resolving issues if things go wrong. It provides added confidence, with businesses being compliant with fair trading laws.
Trading Standards Approved means consumers can buy with confidence from trusted businesses, committed to treating their customers’ fairly.
Trading Standards Approved shows that businesses are committed to comply with consumer protection laws and that checks have been carried out by Trading Standards Officers using partner agencies, intelligence databases and trading history. Whilst a Local Authority cannot guarantee the quality of goods or services, all listed businesses must abide by the Customer Charter and Code of Practice, that clearly defines their assurances in delivering goods and services to you.
Trading Standards Approved sets the standard of our Customer Charter that the business will comply with, including delivery of excellent customer service, compliance with consumer law, provision of high quality goods, a skilled and competent workforce, truthful and genuine sales practices.
Trading Standards Approved provides peace of mind, with businesses having agreed to act on the advice of Trading Standards professionals and having been checked and vetted in the following areas:
– Photo Identification
– Proof of Address
– Minimum of 12 months trading history for the business
– Credit check
– Interview with owner/manager
– Financial background including latest company accounts
– Company and director background
– Public liability and employers liability insurance
– Customer service, contracts, terms and conditions, advertisements
– Validations of professional certifications, qualifications and memberships
– Open source check
– Compliance with “fair trading” laws
– Complaint history conducted by at least one Local Authority Trading standards service.
Trading Standards Approved means businesses are committed to delivering quality services and resolve any issues that might arise from time to time. Giving customers peace of mind, that the will be treated fairly.