Becoming Trading Standards Approved
We support businesses that are proud of their reputation and can be trusted in their area of work. To become a member of the Business Approval Register and be Trading Standards Approved, businesses must first complete an application form. We then carry out in the region of 25 checks, with the support of our Trading Standards partners.
The Business Approval Register employs Trading Standards Professionals that are here to help and is supported by Trading Standards Services. Our accreditation enhances reputations, opens doors for businesses, giving them a competitive edge and helping them win more business.
It is expected that you will always be busy but you might also be looking to grow your business. Whatever your position, being a member will improve your success and build your brand. Once businesses join, they very rarely leave because being a member means a great deal!
The Business Approval Register supports quality businesses and helps them win more business. We also want to create an ethical trading community, through it members, where consumers can trust businesses and will use their services time and time again.
The Business Approval Register promotes high quality service and gives business support to honest, reputable and trustworthy businesses.
We aim to promote the credibility and reputation that quality businesses have earned from their customers and help them grow.
We aim to develop trust, integrity and transparency in the marketplace, supporting the fundamental values for a fairer trading environment.
We aim to develop, promote and deliver the highest standards of customer service.
We aim to provide a comprehensive source of reputable businesses delivering quality goods and services to consumers.
Our mission is to promote and advance reputable businesses; to stimulate consumer confidence.
We aim to achieve this mission by: –
- employing Trading Standards professionals;
- working with local authority Trading Standards Services;
- developing trading partners and partnerships with other companies and organisations that can promote Trading Standards Approved businesses
- creating a local, regional and national presence of Trading Standards Approved businesses;
- working with reputable businesses;
- setting high standards of compliance and customer services for businesses that establishes trust and confidence;
- ensuring that these high standards are maintained;
- supporting continuous improvement;
- celebrating business success and
- condemning unsatisfactory business and customer behaviour.